Friday, March 23, 2012

Filet crochet

I have gotten some mileage out of that small collection of crochet magazines from the estate sale.  A Halloween edition of one of these magazines had a pattern for an owl doily. After completing the owl filet crochet pattern I posted the image on Facebook to share my accomplishment with friends and family.  After seeing it a co-worker commissioned a squirrel.  I created my own pattern for the squirrel using graph paper.  I was pleased with the outcome, and even better- she was pleased, too. In fact she was so pleased that she commissioned a squirrel baby costume for her daughter's 1st birthday.

 If you are interested in creating this piece yourself I have included the pattern below. If you prefer, you could find  this piece on sale at my Etsy site

 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing, I know what I am making my sister for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete