Saturday, September 22, 2012

Squirrel Baby Costume

I was on my way to the liquor storage at work to take inventory with a co-worker.  We had to stop in the way to drop off table number holders for the Deputy Director.  As I waited in the hall the Director shouted out my name and waved me into his office.  He was there with two curators.  He praised my work in the staff show.  I thanked him, humbley.  I've never felt too comfortable with compliments.  One of the curators asked if I took commissions.  She requested a squirrel costume for her daughter's 1st birthday.  This was the same curator who a year ago requested a a squirrel doily, which I made. 

We spoke briefly about what she wanted, and I can only hope that it suits her needs, and fits her little girl.  When I finished it, I was a little surprised at how cute it was.  I think I can also count this toward my goal to make a baby item from one of each of my pattern books and magazines, since the sweater and hat came from two seperate magazine.  I had to embellish the patterns a bit to add the tail and ears, but it's close enough.

I also got a chance to use my reborn doll, Esme, to model the outfit.  She swims in it, but you get the idea.








And here is the costume on its intended recipient. She seems pleased with it!





2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness!!! This is ADORABLE!!!!!! :) Great job!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She requested a squirrel costume for her daughter's 1st birthday. This was the same curator who a year ago requested a a squirrel doily, which ... squirrelcostume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete