Friday, March 23, 2012

Blankets

I've made many blankets over the years.  Prior to learning to read patterns I made blankets almost exclusively.  My grandmother teased me because I only knew the single crochet.  After many years and many blankets made with the single crochet she finally taught me a new pattern which required a double crochet.  It was as though a world of possibility burst forth for me. 

Making a blanket is definitely winter work, although air conditioning has allowed for some summer blankets as of late.  Still there is nothing quite so satisfying as pulling a nearly finished blanket over you and falling asleep with hook in hand...except maybe the feeling of tying off that last stitch.

Below I have included just a few of the blankets I've made over the years.  You'll notice that my cat appreciates the blankets, too.  It is actually difficult to take a picture of a blanket without her sitting on it.



Cats on a fence was the first pattern (beyond the single crochet)  This particular blanket was given to a co-worker whose daughter had just had her first child.  Come to find out the daughter was Ani Difranco.









No comments:

Post a Comment