Friday, March 23, 2012

Decorating with Crochet

A trip to the flea market yielded a delightful find.  Anne Halliday's "Decorating with Crochet", published in 1975.  I adore the decorations of the 60's and 70's and in the 70's crochet figures prominently.  There is something terribly appealing about the horror vacui of the decorating styles, the busy-ness and clashing patterns.  I love tacky.   Sadly, I have always had to share living quarters, and will for the foreseeable future. While my roommates have been gracious with accepting most of my bizarre decorating proclivities I have never been able to go off the deep end.

One day I will fill my home with bizarre and hideous tapestries, but for the time being I have made only this small throw, which is supposed to be a tablecloth.  I managed to de-seventies it by using blue and green rather than yellow and brown.  Come to find out it matches my roommates chair.  Everybody wins.

1 comment: