A few months ago it occurred to me that I needed to make my entry for the Staff Art Show. I needed something that was recognizable, but not too obvious, and something that displayed dark humor. I flipped through art books and bounced some ideas off my roommate. We agreed on Fuseli's "The Nightmare".
I started with the horse head, which set the scale for the rest of the project. I had no pattern to work from, so there was some adjusting, and times when I just held my breath in hopes that it would all work out. I did, undid, and redid the woman. Then I did, undid, and redid the face of the incubus. Finally it was done. All that remained was to construct an armature to hold it all together.
With one day to spare we made a trip to Home Depot, and my roommate constructed the armature. When I woke up this morning I felt like it was Christmas morning, I was so excited to install my work.