Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Gift of Warmth

I have been told again and again to sell my work.  I have been giving it away for ages.  Most of my friends have blankets as gifts for weddings or babies.  I thrill at seeing photos posted on facebook of a dear friend's family cuddled up with a blanket I made for them.  I was visiting my family recently and decided to share a few of the gifts I have given over the years.  Of course the pictures below represent only a fraction of the gifts I've given to them over the years, and they can absolutely count on even more to come.




I suppose it's a good thing we live in a cold climate, and that my family has a comically large number of chairs, as my grandmother who taught me to crochet also lives in this home.  There is practically a blanket for every chair in the house...and more more squirreled around the house in baskets and closets, and who knows where else.

2 comments:

  1. This is actually pretty funny. I do not have quite enough chairs or afghans. Is there, perhaps, a connection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will build you a chair made entirely of afghans...this will solve many problems, and possibly present even more.

    ReplyDelete