Friday, July 27, 2012

The Baby Craft Project

Sometimes I find it difficult to go to work where there exists no yarn or hooks and I have to spend 8 hours not crocheting. Oh sure I do other things that are more useful to the operation of my place of business, but let's just say that if I had a novelty t-shirt on right now it would read "I'd rather be crocheting"

Right now there is a baby blanket at home that begs to be finished.  It is part of an ongoing project.  The project began as an attempt to complete a pattern from each publication of patterns that I own.  It fell apart after the second pattern book provided little inspiration and an unfortunate crochet "fail" (granted I did pay all of $1 for it at a going out of business sale,and it does have some of the ugliest sweaters I have ever seen). Making sweaters is hard work, and so fussy. I finished most of it before I realized that I had miscounted, wrongly sized and so on. I'm also trying to use up my current supply of yarn, and the only color I had enough of was cream. The entire time I worked on the sweater I thought, this color should be used for doll heads...why am I wasting it on this lousy sweater?


So the project was altered.  Given that nearly 20 friends and acquaintances have or will have babies this year, and baby items are naturally small and completed more quickly (nearly instant gratification) I have decided to create at least one baby pattern from each publication.  I'm already on the second publication, and eager to start on the third.  Most, or all of the items will be for sale at Signifying Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment