Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby Craft Project 1: Cupcake Bib

The first installment of my Baby Craft Project was the Cupcake Bib, which arrived in my latest issue of Crochet Today Magazine (Sept/Oct 2012, pp. 79-81).  The pattern is credited to Linda Permann. 

It was cute and easy to make, when I showed my roommate he worried that it might strangle the baby, so I was pleased to demonstrate that the strap was attached with a button.  I'm not sure how functional it is, since I have no toddlers to test it on, but at the very least it is cute.   I think that perhaps on a largers scale (by increasing the gauge) it might make a cute top for an apron.  If I were to make more, and I very well might, I would use Sugar 'n Cream yarn.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this, I think it would be great to use as one of those bibs toddlers wear when they are teething, so they don't drool on themselves all day. Not so good for a meal time bib - I would hate for this to get food stains on it!

    It would also make a great purse design...

    ReplyDelete