Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby Craft Project 2: Li'l Monkey hat and matching blanket

This second piece derives from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n Bitch: Happy Hooker and can be found on pages 274-279.  The pattern is credited to Carmen Watkins.

I'm not sure how I feel about sock monkeys.  I think they might be a little disturbing, and my suspicions were not helped when as I was working on this piece my roommate asked if I was going to give this to a baby that I hated.  He went on to note that the monkey looked less like the beloved sock monkey and more like a screamin blood-mouthed monkey with tiny sharp fangs.  Suffice to say, while I am generally pleased with the outcome of the piece(s) I am not as confident about it not giving babies nightmares.

I don't know, I think I would still give it to my own baby (if I had one).  It is kind of cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment