Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This is what happens when I am left alone for too long

I call her Creepy. She is a child sized doll made from childrens tights, dollar store yarn, and thrift store fabric and clothes. Each strand of her red chenille hair is hand threaded. The whole doll was handstitched (I did not own a sewing machine at the time). While she has spent a majority of her existence in a chair accompanied by her friend the Captain (another doll I crafted), she did have a brief stint in a staff show at world-class art gallery.








I also made that oddly shaped, handstitched blue cat (as seen above with Creepy, and to the left) with a fabric that both fills me with tickles and sadness. The fabric is of cats with the words "purrfect", "cuddle kitty", and "me and my cat" printed all over it. The cat, and a malformed squirrel now reside in a basket by the fireplace. I believe that my aversion to pattern results in some pretty wonky creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment