Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Knuckles like Rosey Grier

When I was young and I would crack my knuckles my father would say, "You're going to have knuckles like Rosey Grier." I had no idea who that was. It was explained to me that he was a football player, a very large one at that. My only other exposure to Rosey Grier was his song on Free to be You and Me, "It's alright to cry". I felt certain that, more than any 8 year old girl at the time, I truly appreciated Rosey Grier.

Imagine my delight when my father informed me that Rosey Grier did needlepoint. I have only recently begun to explore the medium. While I can get into a Flow with it, I have not yet reached that comfort level I enjoy with crocheting. I hope that I might find some inspiration in Rosey Grier's Needlepoint for Men from 1973.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/extremecraft/sets/491625/

1 comment:

  1. Why did Dad know that Rosey Grier does needlepoint? Isn't that a pretty random and unlikely thing for him to know?

    ReplyDelete