Friday, November 19, 2010

Commissioned Baby Blanket



This baby blanket was commissioned by my roommate's mother.  The pattern came from one of my all time favorite books, The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns by Linda P. Schapper.  Sometimes I just sit with it musing over the many stitches, and possibilities.
 
If you are interested in this pattern I am happy to provide the pattern information below.
 
Chain multiples of 3 plus 1.
 
Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook, dc in next ch, working over last 2 dc made, dc in ch to the right of last 2 dc made, *skip next ch, dc in each of next 2 ch, working over last 2 dc made, dc in last skipped ch; rep from * across to within last ch, dc in last ch, turn
 
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc), skip first dc in each dec across to turning ch, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
 
Row 3: Ch 3 (counts as dc), skip first dc, * skip next dc, dc in each of next 2 dc, working over last 2 dc made, dc in last skipped dc; rep from  * across to turning ch, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
 
Rep Rows 2-3 for pattern.
 
Below I've included the crochet symbols for the pattern. I tend to be more visual, and found the symbols to be especially helpful. I strongly encourage crocheters to invest in this book. It will keep you endlessly occupied!
 
 
I used a shell stitch for the border, but you can finish the blanket how ever you would prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment