Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cinderella in Combat Boots

When I was in elementary school I watched a "production" of Cinderella in Combat Boots. I believe that it must have been put on for our benefit by the high schoolers, who were frankly awe inspiring to a miniature, impressionable me. I recall thinking that there was nothing more fascinating than the juxtaposition of the feminine and masculine, nothing more beautiful and powerful than the way those boots looked on her in that dress. Perhaps, those thoughts were not so clearly formed, but I was indeed stirred. I blame that production on my proclivity later in life for combat boots. One pair in particular were worn until the nails had worked their way through the sole, and then worn some more. These days it becomes more and more difficult to find occasion for combat boots. So, I have laced up a pair for my new mannequin. And as she models my latest creations, I cannot help but admire how lovely she looks in those boots.







No comments:

Post a Comment