Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Working on commissions

love a commission because it gives me an idea to work off of. Sometimes it is a specific request, like make my kid a rainbow Halloween costume.
Or maybe it is more vague, like - the Deputy Director of the museum is going to be a father can you make something for his new daughter? 
Incidentally the museum was about to open a Monet exhibition at the time.

Other times it is a specific request that inspires even more, like a request for a simple pillow of the Twin Peaks mountains that lead to a log to keep your secrets in.

I'm nearly finished with yet another commission, which I hope to share here soon. I was given a specific theme, which is both helpful and challenging. After that I will begin on another, this one is more vague of a request- in fact the request was "whatever you have lying around" but where is the fun in that? 


No comments:

Post a Comment