Saturday, May 18, 2013

Grandma's Notebook

Recently I asked my grandmother if I could borrow one of her binders of patterns.  I have already posted a couple of the projects I have finished since she lent it.  She will be 97 in June, and only recently I've begun to appreciate that she will not be with me forever.  Somehow for quite a while it seemed like maybe she might, and frankly I'm not sure what a world without her will be like. I have always felt a kindred spirit with her, and although I never mastered her obsessive organizing gene I did inherit the hoarding aspect of it.  I have string too short to use all over my home, I just never labeled a box "String too short to use". 
These binders represent a life's work, though they are only a tiny portion of the woman she is.  I am thankful to be able to pay tribute to her by following in her footsteps.

1 comment:

  1. This project is important to me too. I did not inherit her ability to craft, but watching you recreate these projects makes me feel closer to her creative legacy.

    ReplyDelete