Monday, March 4, 2013

Lego Blanket

It's a simple pattern, really. Chain 26 the half double crochet across 24 stitches. On the third row add a popcorn stitch after 4 HDC and repeat across until you have 4 bobbles on that row. HDC across for the next 3 rows, and in the next row repeat the 3rd row. Finish off with two more rows of HDC. Repeat until you think you might go mad, until you think "this has to be more than enough" and then make more.

Lego had not sunken their marketing hooks into my psyche as a child, so I do not share the fascination. I am crestfallen whenever my niece and nephews insist that all they want is Lego. It is so very very expensive. But I admit that I am quite impressed by what they create with it. I support any toy that encourages creativity. Yarn became my Legos long ago, the building blocks of my creative endeavors.  Here is my homage.


This blanket is sold, but if you want to commission one like it click here to go to my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment